Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Home Is Where Your Race Is?

I saw this article the other day about a study regarding residential segregation from the University of Washington in Seattle. [Reuters: Residential Segregation]


Personally I like to identify neighborhoods by their amenities. For example, I like that my neighborhood is historic. Walking down the brick sidewalks, I can imagine the times when horses were the primary mode of transportation. But I also like that a car isn't necessary. I can walk to the following attractions; a farmer's market, a park, a brewery, a convenient store and several restaurant/bar options. For all these reasons, I hope my neighborhood says more about me than whether I'm white, black or something in between. 


What does your neighborhood say about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment