Monday, June 25, 2012

The Coworker

Job training can be an exciting thing. It can also mean spending a whole week in a box with only one other person. So when my trainer finally gave me some alone time, I welcomed the intruding coworker. The conversation was standard enough... The same old How are you? What's your name? 


So where are you from?
I explained that I was born and raised in Indiana before moving to Saint Louis. 


You don't look like you're from Indiana. 


So where are your parents from?


Then it hits me; this isn't about getting to know me at all. I offer up the answer, telling him that they were both born on the east coast. I refused to offer him any satisfaction. 



Next he gave a quiet sigh with a partial eye roll. "Nice to meet you," as he turned and walked out the door. 

No comments:

Post a Comment