Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Nuns from Indiana

I preface this by saying that I love seniors. 

I was working with a group of senior volunteers. Being the newbie, I was participating in some small talk with a few of the seniors. One of the typical first questions asked; Where are you from? I respond, telling them I recently moved here from Indiana. The senior responds, "Oh you don't have much of an accent." Somewhat confused, I shrugged. "I guess not."
The senior continues to tell me that it was quite a coincidence, because their parish has a group of nuns visiting from there. I learned earlier in the afternoon that these nuns were actually from India. [Not to be confused with Indiana. These locations are quite geographically different.] I politely tell him that I'm actually from Indiana. He offers me a blank stare before insisting that it would be nice for them to speak with someone from the same background. 

Yes, I'm sure that would be nice. 


No comments:

Post a Comment