Thursday, October 17, 2013

The Fairly Tanned

In preparation of my roommate's wedding, I decided to put in some time to bronze my skin. Now I've been tanning at my gym for quite some time. This isn't a regular occurrence, but I'm familiar with the system; I come into the gym. I tell the person behind the counter that I'd like to tan. They look up my information and boom! I'm tanning. 
This day was not so ordinary. After telling the lady that I'd like to tan, she pulls out my tanning information and pauses. She starts to take quick glances between me and the waiver that I usually initial before stepping into the booth. "They started you this high? They shouldn't have done that!" You're probably wondering what that means. Well there's a box in the corner of the form that says Skin Type. My form said brown. This having not been a problem in the other dozen and one times I'd been tanning, I was completely shocked.  
She went on to say how whoever did this could get in trouble, even asking me who "CB" was (These were the initials of the worker). Ummmm, I don't know? There was no appeasing this lady. I admit to tuning out while the rant continued, feeling rather powerless in this situation. I'm snapped back into reality when she says, "you should have been started at Fair Skin." 

Woah! Fair? Come on...

[A little background: Fair is the lowest setting. Think of that vampire chick: Kristen Whatsherface]

Jumping to the defense of the previous worker, I explained that I was mixed. And by no means would anyone consider my skin to be naturally fair. Although apprehensive, she finally let me tan! 



No comments:

Post a Comment