Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Black Woman

I was enjoying an afternoon drive with Sweet Caroline when I saw a BLK WMN parked on the street. You're probably thinking, "Who is Sweet Caroline?'' and "Why are you referring to the black woman as a BLK WMN?" Sweet Caroline is my sweet ride. I named her Sweet Caroline because she's a sparkling Carolina blue. The BLK WMN is not a black woman; it's a car. Specifically the BLK WMN is the license plate.
Let me give you a visual...



I was initially shocked, because I was taught that your car should not identify you as a female in case of sexual assault. (Maybe a little too overprotective.) But then I could not stop thinking about what I would put on my license plate if I were going to identify myself.
So I put together some options...







1 comment:

  1. I don't know if this posted earlier:

    I'm going to "like" this. Also, I didn't know you weren't supposed to identify your vehicle as a female car, my mom's car used to say CHK MOBIL

    ReplyDelete