Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Black Side

I walked up to the counter at work to grab my tea. When I reached out my hand, my coworker instead gives me a stack of papers. I respond with "I was actually going for my drink, but I'll take these too." We have a laugh. Then she said "Don't get offended, but..." 

Now when someone starts a conversation with "Don't get offended, but..." I'm always nervous the second half is going to be "Did you shower today?" or "Do you own a hairbrush?" Instead the question portion was "Are you mixed?"

I confirm that I am mixed. "Black and white?" I nod yes. Then she said, "I knew it! Because sometimes your black side comes out. I've only seen it twice, but I could tell."

I give a giggle, an "Oh, you're funny." Then I go about my day. 

Then I began to wonder if my "black side" she was referring to was my sense of humor or that I was thirsty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment