Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The Hairy Situation



One of coworkers approached me yesterday. And I knew it was going to be interesting, because she led with "This might be out of left field, but can I ask you something?" I firmly believe that the best conversations start with mentions of left field. So I welcomed her question. 
She begins to talk about how she's having a tough time finding hair products for her daughter. She rambles about her daughter's curly hair and how this is because her daughter has biracial hair. Then she points at me and says "You're biracial, right?" I nod. Next thing I know, she reaches over and pets my head. (Yes, she pet me!) "Oh yeah, her hair feels just like yours."


After my shy laugh, I give her all the details of my hair care routine. This was not the first conversation regarding personal grooming. But I was not at all prepared for a petting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment